Pandering Law & Defense
Information on the crime of pandering is found at California penal code section 266i(a).
PC 266i(a) Law (Abbr.)
PC 266i(a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), any person who does any of the following is guilty of pandering, a felony, and shall be punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for three, four, or six years:
(1) Procures another person for the purpose of prostitution.
(2) By promises, threats, violence, or by any device or scheme, causes, induces, persuades, or encourages another person to become a prostitute.
(3) Procures for another person a place as an inmate in a house of prostitution or as an inmate of any place in which prostitution is encouraged or allowed within this state.
(4) By promises, threats, violence, or by any device or scheme, causes, induces, persuades, or encourages an inmate of a house of prostitution, or any other place in which prostitution is encouraged or allowed, to remain therein as an inmate.
(5) By fraud or artifice, or by duress of person or goods, or by abuse of any position of confidence or authority, procures another person for the purpose of prostitution, or to enter any place in which prostitution is encouraged or allowed within this state, or to come into this state or leave this state for the purpose of prostitution.
(6) Receives or gives, or agrees to receive or give, any money or thing of value for procuring, or attempting to procure, another person for the purpose of prostitution, or to come into this state or leave this state for the purpose of prostitution.
PC 266i(b) Any person who does any of the acts described in subdivision (a) with another person who is a minor is guilty of pandering, a felony, and shall be punishable as follows:
PC 266i(b)(1) If the other person is a minor 16 years of age or older, the offense is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for three, four, or six years.
PC 266i(b)(2) If the other person is under 16 years of age, the offense is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for three, six, or eight years.
PC 266i(a) Sentence & Punishment
Probation Sentence: A probation sentence is period of supervision instead of an actual jail or prison sentence. Probation sentences are not available in PC 266i(a) cases.
Sex Offender Registration: If found guilty of pandering (PC 266i(a), the defendant will not normally be ordered to register as a sex offender.
Caution: The judge may order the defendant to register as a sex offender in any pandering case. This is an unusual order in a PC 266i(a) case but the law does exist to give the judge the power to make such an order if the judge finds that the defendant was motivated by abnormal sexual arousal when committing the crime (See PC 290.006).
Sex Crimes Criminal Defense Attorneys
PC 266i(a): Pandering Law & Defense
Free Discreet Consultations 24hrs / 7days
Se habla español - Abogados de defensa criminal
All Misdemeanor & Felony Sex Crimes, Including
| PC 288(a)
|Lewd acts on a minor
Lewd acts on a minor w/force
Lewd acts on a minor 14 or 15
Continuous sex abuse on minor
Intercourse or sodomy of a minor
Oral cop or penetration of a minor
Lewd act on a minor w/injury
Rape by force or fear of injury
Rape of intoxicated victim
Unlawful sexual intercourse
Spousal rape by force or fear
Aiding indecent exposure
Oral copulation on a minor
Oral cop on a minor under 16
Oral copulation by force or fear
Oral cop on an intoxicated victim
Annoy or molest a child
Molest person thought to be child
Molest a child in a dwelling
Possession of child porn
Possession of child porn images
Possession of child sadism
Human trafficking for sex
Human trafficking minor for sex
Human traffic minor with force
Agree or solicit prostitution
Loiter to commit prostitution
Keeping a house of prostitution
Distribute nude images
Sexual battery by restraint
Sexual battery by masturbation
Sexual penetration by object
Sexual penetration on minor
Sex penetration of minor under 16
Sex penetration intoxicated victim
Sexual penetration by force
Pimping a minor
Pimping a minor under 16
Pandering a minor
Pandering a minor under 16
Sodomy of a minor
Sodomy of a minor under 14
Sodomy by force or fear
Sodomy of an intoxicated victim
Failure to register as sex offender
Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys, Serving
San Bernardino County
San Bernardino, Fontana, Redlands, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Victorville, Yucaipa, Hesperia, Colton, Chino, Highland, Upland, Montclair, Rialto
Riverside, Moreno Valley, Eastvale, Corona, Norco